Below are 22 points/actions which may give away a Wahabi.
1. Says 'A'UDHUBILLAH" when hearing the loud dhikr of a gathering and repeptition of praise to Allah.
2. Claims loud dhikr to be bid'ah dalalah(blameworthy innovation).
3. Claims sufism/tasawwuf to be bid'ah dalalah(blameworthy innovation).
4.Makes fun of Al-Hay or Hu which is frequently uttered at sufi gatherings.(Astaghfirullah)
5.Claims Tawassul to be shirk and kufr. Those who do it are declared mushrik and kafir.
6. Claims that visiting graves is haram.
7. Claims that visiting Madinah with the intention of visiting the Prophet's grave is haram.
8. Claims that taqleed(imitation, following) means 'blind following' and that it is haram and even shirk.
9. Claims that saying 'Ya Rasulullah' is shirk and kufr without consideration of why many Muslims do that or whether it has support(it does).
10. Approves the destruction of important and historical Islamic sites by the Saudi regime.
11. Asks you to pin point where Allah is or he will do it himself.
12. Declares that Allah has literal hands, face etc.
13. Uses verses meant for PAGANS on Muslims such as
[Who is more astray than the one who performs supplication (du'a') to [worship] other than Allah; the one other than Allah he supplicates to will not answer his du'a'.] Surah Al-Ahqaf, verse 5. **Ibn Abdul Wahab the great innovator started this.
14. Calls Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab "SHEIKHUL ISLAM".
15. Calls the self made "scholar" Nasiruddin Al-Albani "Sheikhul Hadith".
16. Belittles the fiqh of the four great schools of Ahl Sunnah Wal Jama'ah, especially the Hanafiyyah fiqh.
17. Belittles the scholars of Ahl Sunnah Wal Jama'ah.
18. Declares Al-Hujjatul Islam Imam Abu Hamid Al-Ghazali a deviant and that his magnum opus Ihya' Ulumuddin a weak book.
19. Uses and gloat about the term "ittiba' " in replacement of taqleed, thinking it makes them right and clever.
20. Makes indiscriminate fatawa about fiqhi issues without proper qualifications.
21. Loves making takfir and making declarations and pronouncements of bid'ah on others.
22. Attempts to discredit and weaken the positions of the four great schools of fiqh of Ahl Sunnah Wal Jama'ah by citing sahih hadith that may seem or appear contradictory to the established positions to the eyes of mundane individuals, such as the issue of rafa' yadain or raising the hands during prayer as practiced by the Hanafi school of fiqh.
If a person you meet has any of the above examples, there is 90% chance that he is a Wahabi aka Salafi. If a person you meet has all of the above criteria, then he is 110% a WAHABI. Beware of such individuals, for their speech are tempting and poisonous.
I do not hate nor hold any grudge on the Wahabis/Salafis as a community. The contents provided here are not meant to incite hatred for the wahabis who are Muslims(however confused they may be) but it is simply to convey the truth and expose the lies that prevail among them so as to warn others not to fall into the same mire. May Allah s.w.t. guide us all.
"ISLAM is the ONLY PATH to salvation. Ahl Sunnah Wal Jama'ah is the ONLY vehicle that may take you on that path. Tasawwuf is the engine that drives the vehicle. If you have these, you will earn Allah's pleasure, Insha'Allah." Onomat Al-Sufi Al-Shafie
"If the first inward thought is not warded off, it will generate a desire, then the desire will generate a wish, and the wish will generate an intention, and the intention will generate the action, and the action will result in ruin and divine wrath. So evil must be cut off at its root, which is when it is simply a thought that crosses the mind, from which all the other things follow on." (Al-Hujjatul Islam Imam Abu Hamid Al-Ghazali, Ihya' Ulum al-Deen 6/17) "If you are aware of your humility, then you are arrogant." (Ibn Ata'illah) "Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him. Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray - O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me; and if truth be on his side, I may follow him." (Imam Al-Shafie r.a.) "Never forget that turning a blind eye to oppression and watching from the sidelines is itself oppression" (Harun Yahya) "Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you' (Hasan Al-Basri)